oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BOY!!
Do I have some news for you!! What a blessing this site is - come at such amazing timing!! Those prayers are working - keep em comin' lol!!
Last night was an extreamly hard night pain wise but eased in the fact I was given a window of hope - more than I could think of!! God works in incredible ways -- I wont hold out on you any longer --- heres the story in a nut shell and my big prayer request....
Mum slept in my room last night with me --- i think we got bout 4 hours sleep in the end --- mum had to move me a couple of times and each time i screamed and my poor dad came running so we are a very tired household today --- but at 10.30pm the blessed email from my specialist came through!!!
Well basically he has worked for hours upon hours getting things sorted out for me ... in many meetings, phone calls and emails.... he said he used all his favours and has pretty much pulled off the impossible! I was blown away --- i have the most incredible treatment team (of 9 different specilised people) who are fighting to get me well and going into bat for me 110%
I will be admitted to Rotorua Hospital on Monday 6th of April for a heavy Ketamine Infusion. He will need to be by my bedside and guiding alot of my treatment as its still very much experimental and everyone reacts differently to the medication... there are side effects and risks but the outcome will be far greater -- i dont know how long I will be in hospital for at this stage -- i guess alot of it to depends on treatment but will be a minimum of 5 days at the least...
The amazing part is it will all be funded and paid for -- through the public health system -- which is nearly an imposible feat he overcame -- as I have jumped any waiting list there may have been and all red tape!! God must have really opened up the doors... If we had had to pay it would have been thousands upon thousands -- very expensive!! I just have to sit back and go wow, the whole thing blows me away!!
We need prayer that there is a bed available for me come Monday --- Rotorua has an ongoing bed crisis at the moment so that is the big catch ---- we need warfare prayer that come Monday -- that bed is mine!!!
I know God is in this -- i know he will path the way and im trusting him with everything I got but the more prayer the better!
It means so much to me to have you all following me, praying for me and encouraging me.... I wonder if youll ever know the courage and strength it gives me to be determined to stand up and fight! This wont beat me, I wont let it.... Its spread to my chest area now too so Monday wont come fast enough, lol.
They will take me over via streacher and ambulance... every movement is painful so Im praying for a safe and as low pain as possible trip!
In the mean time -- apart from the temp increase in medication there is nothing more they can do - and Monday is the earliest treatment date. Im to have no needle work without his approval as any work done could cause the CRPS to spread even more -- if i need to go to hospital in the mean time it will be through an emergency admission into Taupo Hospital for nurse work, as there is nothing more he can give me till Monday --- but Mums pretty determined to keep me at home -- Im pretty determined to stay... Besides, Mums a great nurse, lol, and lets face it -- my room looks half like a hospital room as it is anyways, lol haha.
So thats the plan at this stage... its really exciting, I can feel Gods hand guiding everything in such an incredible manner!! Come on, I mean, GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!
Ok, Before I go for todays update, I want to share an incredible story with you about his faithfulness... A few weeks ago my friend Nic came to visit and we were chatting... Somehow the idea evolved about having a girls night at my place, you know, social contact, have a bit of fun (i dont get much of that these days, lol)... So we planned it --- She invited the homegroup girls and I invited some people on my list... it was set! A desert night with nails, pamper stuff and a DVD... The night came and all week I had been really sick with chronic nausea and alot of pain... It was only a few hours til everyone was to arrive and there was no way i was going to be able to eat a thing.. I hadnt been hardly able to look at food all day... So I had been praying I would be well the night of the party ---- Well you know what?? This is the cool part... About half an hour before people started arriving the nausea and pain started to lift --- and as people were walking in it was still lifting --- you wana know what??I had the best night!! We laughed and giggled and chatted and ate desert -- and i was well enough to eat desert -- and my frind Nic painted my nails -- even on my bad hand that no one can normally touch --- and after they all left the nausea slowly crept back along with alot of pain --- but you wana know what?? God came through for me and gave me a really great night --- sure i couldnt get out of bed and we had to have the night in my room -- but that didnt bother anyone -- didnt bother me -- but it sure gave me the boost I needed! Thats my awesome story! I still smile at it! GOD IS GOOD!
You know, Im not super spiritual, or super strong or anything like that -- Im no different to anyone else. All Im doing is doing it scared, and its flippin hard!! Mum and I together - and Dad-- holding into God and his promises with everything I have! I dont know what the furture holds, I dont know what tomorrow holds... But I do know if I got God that he has a purpose in everything -- and he works everything for good if we give the situation over to Him! And Ive given it all over to Him else I woulda been a mess a long time ago... Are you familiar with the footprints poem?? "When there was only one set of footprints thats when God was carrying you" - Thats me !! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment