Today I was browsing the Internet for some little stories to share with you and found two beautiful little stories with great little morals which challenged and encouraged me and I hope you too.... So I will share them with you after a brief update...
Today I had my most intense physio session to date... I was surprised how much it set off my pain but its OK.... Its what its all about right?? I am feeling very tired lately of everything being a fight... Having to constantly push myself and everyone around me trying to push me, challenge me and critique me... I would love a 'weekend off' haha, some time away from it... Of course it wont happen because there is no way away from it or such thing as a break... But Hey, a girl can have dreams right?? tehehe... I really just wish I was better already.. but doesn't everyone walking through thick fogs of illness or such? lol... I guess its quite normal really...
I had a lovely friend of mine visit today, as shes up here on holiday... It was soo cool... We had great chats! Wednesday I am going to go to my first movie since the accident and all this started with her... I'm at the point where I'm like 'stuff it' haha.. I will pay the price but I just want to have some sort of a life where I can... Get past the pain and do in despite of... So my friend Amie and I will go see a moves, eat popcorn and have a fun afternoon... hehe...
This Saturday I am having a 'Pancake Brunch', which Ive invited friends over for... I'm quite excited really... I just love having friends around and doing fun things... Going out if I can or spending time with others! I really can not wait til I'm once again independent... but small steps... its a very long, very hard road... but I'll get there!!
Well, this girl is a very tired one today so am going to try get some sleep... Enjoy the little stories... Love Kylee xxx
Precious Little Time.
Today I had my most intense physio session to date... I was surprised how much it set off my pain but its OK.... Its what its all about right?? I am feeling very tired lately of everything being a fight... Having to constantly push myself and everyone around me trying to push me, challenge me and critique me... I would love a 'weekend off' haha, some time away from it... Of course it wont happen because there is no way away from it or such thing as a break... But Hey, a girl can have dreams right?? tehehe... I really just wish I was better already.. but doesn't everyone walking through thick fogs of illness or such? lol... I guess its quite normal really...
I had a lovely friend of mine visit today, as shes up here on holiday... It was soo cool... We had great chats! Wednesday I am going to go to my first movie since the accident and all this started with her... I'm at the point where I'm like 'stuff it' haha.. I will pay the price but I just want to have some sort of a life where I can... Get past the pain and do in despite of... So my friend Amie and I will go see a moves, eat popcorn and have a fun afternoon... hehe...
This Saturday I am having a 'Pancake Brunch', which Ive invited friends over for... I'm quite excited really... I just love having friends around and doing fun things... Going out if I can or spending time with others! I really can not wait til I'm once again independent... but small steps... its a very long, very hard road... but I'll get there!!
Well, this girl is a very tired one today so am going to try get some sleep... Enjoy the little stories... Love Kylee xxx
Precious Little Time.
The man came home from work late again, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door. Daddy, may I ask you a question?" "Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man. "Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?" "That's none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily. "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy. "If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour." "Oh," the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?" The father was furious. "If the only reason you wanted to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games." The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00, and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the Door of the little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep son?" he asked. "No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy. "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for." The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, since the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man. "Why did you want more money if you already had some?" the father grumbled. "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied. "Daddy, I have $20.00 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?"
The Comfort Zone.
The Comfort Zone.
About 10 years ago, I started a job as a trainer for a Telemarketing agency. In one of my first classes the head trainer told a very motivating story that I would like to share with you.
He began by drawing a diagram of a stick man standing in the middle of a circle. To make it more interesting, he drew things like a house, a car, and a few friends inside the circle.
He asked the question "Can anyone tell me what this is?" In a long silence, one guy decided to throw out "the world?" The trainer said "That's close, this is your Comfort Zone. Inside your circle you have all the things that are important to you. Your home, your family, your friends, and your job. People feel that inside this circle they are safe from any danger or conflict.
"Can anyone tell me what happens when you step out of this circle?" A strong silence came over the room. The same eager guy abruptly announced "You are afraid". Another guy said "You make mistakes". The silence continued and the trainer smiled and said "When you make mistakes what can the result be?" The first guy shouts "You learn something."
"Exactly, you are learning." The trainer turned to the board and drew an arrow pointing from the stick man directly to the outside of the circle. He proceeded to say "When you leave your Comfort Zone you put yourself out there, in front of the world to be in a situations that you are not comfortable with. The end result is that you have learned something that you did not already know, you expand your knowledge to become a better person." He turned again to the board and drew a bigger circle around the original circle, and added a few new things like more friends, a bigger house etc.
"The moral of the story is that if you stay inside your Comfort Zone you will never be able to expand your horizons and learn. When you step out of your Comfort Zone you will eventually make your circle bigger, to challenge your mind and grow to be stronger, and all in all a better person."
No comments:
Post a Comment