Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday 1st June 2009

So I had  friends stay last night, we watched some DVD's it was great fun!!!!!!!  I loved how I could just relax with them, chit chat and enjoy friendship....

My friend and a couple of other friends organised to take me out for lunch today, get me out of the house and enjoy the amazing day outside, it was also public holiday --- it was sooo cool.... Most fun I have had in ages!! 

I'm going to detour a few times so i hope this doesn't get too long... lol... But it will make a lot more sense to you if I do...

I was quite nervous about getting out of the house but excited to do something normal! Mum got me ready with one of my friends who stayed and took us into town... Once in there they bundled me up like a marshmellow, haha (cold affects my pain a lot) ---- i had blankets and pillows and jackets and a hot water bottle in my wheelchair haha -- There was no way I was going to get cold -- It did make it a successful trip lol... But yea, so once in my chair Mum handed me over to my friend and we then meet up with 2 other friends and went out in search of a cafe to have some lunch... We found a little cafe that wasn't too crowded, as every man and dog was in town due to being a public holiday --- I live in a holiday destination town so town was really buzzing.... Well they weaved me through the chairs to order my food at the cafe and then they all pitched in to shout my lunch, I was blown away.... It was soooo amazing!!!!! We had fun getting my chair to the table through the chairs but did so successfully - there really wasnt a lot of room... haha.... As we were leaving another friend joined us and we went for a "walk" through town... 

My friend, Jaimee, wanted to find a jacket so we went clothes shopping for her... Well the first shop we went to had a step up into it -- the girls didn't let that become an issue though-- they just picked up my chair and lifted it up the stair hahaha... Well Jaimee didn't find anything but I found these cute as tops which another one of my friends took on the bravery of helping me to try one on!! She did sooo well... people have to be extremely careful touching me, lol... well I got up to the counter --- the tops already had over 60% off them them, then when I got up there and the 4 tops only came to the price of 3 tops!! Luck was certainly on my side.............. So we went for more walks then another friend joined up with us and another left.... It was an awesome day......... I was in pain, but to a degree I was able to put that aside and focus on the distraction of enjoying some time with friends who were determined to give me an amazing day out!! There's this thing I'm trying to learn, with the help of pain psychology, at the moment and that is learning to try and have a life outside of my condition... As in still doing things despite being in pain and not being scared of the pain as pain is pain but my pain wont damage me ant more than what it has... Painful touch wont make my condition worse... It just hurts (lol, which in itself is a barrier to overcome, lol)... Its massive stuff to get your head around but I really want to give it a go... Its kinda boxing the pain --- so CRPS not who I am it just happens to be a small part of me, something I am dealing with ---- Mum said that if anyone asked about it today about CRPS I should tell them I was having a CRPS free day hahaha.... As its always in my face and everyone always asks me about it and wants to talk to me about it, I don't mind talking about it at all... But its nice to not have to focus on it too... 

Im starting this thing called Mirror Therapy, so had to buy a lap mirror and it was sooo cool cause I got 70% off the mirror too and a really nice soft new blanket which also had 70% off it --- It was sooo  cool --- totally got hooked up with the bargains today, which is exactly what I needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well then we went to find a cafe to get a coffee but by this stage most of them were shutting so we ended up at McCafe (McDonalds Cafe) and there I had coffee and a 'Seared Chicken Salad'.... haha... Being out in a wheelchair really builds up an appetite I tell you!!! hahaha............ By that stage I was totally and completely shattered and got Mum to pick me up from there.... It was amazing though ------- Get this --------- I was out in my chair for 4 hours!!!!!!!!!! That's record timing for me!! It helps that I have my special blue gel cushion, if Im not on that in my chair I cant even sit 2 minutes!! If you have seen me set up in my chair before.... I have the blue cushion I sit on, a pillow behind my back, a blanket wrapping up my legs and lap, a hot water bottle that sits on my lap, a pillow that goes under my feet, a water bottle and medication... haha... Without this set up I don't last more than 10 minutes max and end up in huge pain.... In this house EVERYTHING is set up for success!!! 

I  know I pushed myself really hard today but it was worth every single bit....... I was able to hide the pain for the most part........... I really had a good day --- It was hard --- I've still got a lot to learn but it was a success and I spent some time with friends -- Like I haven't in over 7 months and I enjoyed my time........ It was fun pretending that I was normal......... Though probably looked like a sick person but I didn't feel like one... One of my friends even ran me down the street in my chair --- It felt like freedom.............. I know Ill pay for it ------------ It was freezing levels out there -- In fact last night it was snowing outside... Yes, it was snowing in Taupo, outside our windows!! That's unheard of! haha! -- I did know about it but I was also having the hot sweats while out so I was trying to strip off my jacket on one side to singlet while my friends were trying to get me to put it back on hahaha.... I cant long sleeves as such, only very short sleeves and so only had a thick winter jacket over my singlet hahaha.............. funny......................
Well that was my day!! Lots of fun!! Yes pain, but lets keep that aside today... Its CRPS free zone! haha....

Hope you enjoyed your day... Love lots, Kylee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment