Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday 11th June 09

Hey! Good morning!!
I'm excited to watch the counter go up... Ive been watching it for a few days now and I'm getting on average about 100 hits a day... Do you know how exciting that is for me?? I feel very humbled and excited! It sooooo cool!! 

Today I have another big assessment, so will have to get ready for that soon... Have a bath, do my makeup and so forth but the cool thing is that he is coming to my house! We thought we would have to go back to Hamilton for another overnight stay... But with knowing my difficulty in travelling he offered to visit at home... Very neat!! 

I'm able to get myself out of bed! By myself!! This is a new accomplishment for me... I'm also able to get my foot on the ground a bit more and am wearing my favourite shorts that are white and have a thick purple band around them, then purple butterflies up the left hand leg... I'm making progress... small steps forward... Ive had a rough week emotionally but I think that comes with battling this virus thing, whatever it is, and just have to continue to ride it out... Thank goodness though the virus never got really bad... Just been a right pain... no pun intended haha....

I just wanted to post a quick post though this morning... I spent a lot of last night awake... Ohh... One thing that did really strike me and peirce my heart deeply though is this... I share it with you with hesitation as it is really full on but In also feel its important and opened my eyes to the horror that takes place around us without even knowing --- Well, I didnt know...

Do you know there are kids that are being hung and excuted in Iran for going against the cutural beliefs... This young 16 year old girl got involved in a relationship outside of what would have been arranged, nothing had been set up yet, ... She was exicuted without the knowledge of her parents or lawyer, after being tried against a court... it isnt an isolated case either... this is happening time and time again - it isnt rare!!  Ill send you the video link... Its a music clip put together to raise awareness... I was literally in tears watching it... she was hung publicly, it doesnt show the hanging.... But can you even begin to imagine the horror?? The fear?? Can you imagine the pain the parents had to endure?? She was left hanging for days... Honestly it makes me feel sick and angry... I want to do something... Stop the injustice!! ARGH!

I cant do a lot but I can raise awareness so I want to share the clip with you and Id really encourage you to watch it... It just takes a few minutes but if we can create awareness maybe we can help bring about change... 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFNx3n0MNM

I will update again later this afternoon... For now I have to go get ready... Love Kylee xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment