Hey!!
Ok, I have this funny little (blonde) joke, rewritten with permission from Dad, lol... So last night we were watching Sky (cable) TV and flicked over to Sky movie channel where there was a movie playing with Russel Crowe as the main actor... So Dad goes, pointing at the TV with enthusiasm... "Ohh, ohh.... I know this one... Its the one with Russel Crowe in it...." hehe... still cracks me up, smiling as I write it down again... hehe....
Yesterday Mum and Dad moved me back to my own bedroom upstairs.... It is sooo good being back in my own room, in my own bed with my own space!! I have more independence up there!! The medical professionals kept telling us we had to rebuild a sense of 'normal', yet I wasn't even in my own room, they still wanted me sleeping downstairs which I was really starting to hate as I felt clostrophobic in the bed and I can tell you, it just feels sooo good being back up in my own room again... I still cant do stairs yet but Mum and I have those sussed out, we have nailed that after 8 months so Mum will bring me up at night and down in the morning... I can now learn to get myself in and out of bed as the cradles can be on the other side of the bed... There's a higher toilet so I can do that by myself, I can stand and wash my face and move around my bedroom a bit easier... Its good! Its really good!! I'm happy with our decision!!
Ive come a long way in the last little while and have decided to try and get out a bit more where I can, and not let obstacles stand in my way as much as I have control over... I'm lucky to have a great group of friends too who are willing to help me tackle those obstacles! Like being able to go into town and get my wheelchair up a stair or two... I have this sense of excitement that I can start participating in life again and doing thing despite the pain... I'm learning to handle the pain a bit better and realising that the pain will not damage me.. It just hurts... I mean, I know it will comes in swings and rounds but at the moment I'm distracted enough that its not an issue...
It cool that after some really hard weeks I have had lots of friends round me in the weekends doing things... Yesterday I went into town with some friends for lunch, then got some DVDs out and came back to my place to hang and today I have a friend coming round for some DVDs, then tonight I am going to a combined church event, then back to a friends with everyone for fish'n'chips afterwards... They have stairs but they said they will get me up them and not let it be an issue so that's cool! Its nice to get out and be with others....
Tomorrow apart from physio in the morning I will have a really quiet day as I am getting very tired but its worth it and then on Wednesday I have another huge occupational assessment to see what work I could or cant or may or may not be able to do... That's a big 3 hour one but luckily its being done at my house... Yeah!! So that's cool!!
Well, I'm going to finish off watching this movie on TV until my sister gets home and she will help me to my makeup and things before my friends arrive.... Have an awesome day! Thanks for continuing to followmy journey... Drop me a line if you haven't recently to let me know you've stopped by... I see the counter go up but don't think I know who everyone is that is following...
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment