Well I seem to have come down with some sort of flu or virus which has also triggered my pain off bad again but I'm pushing through and taking it easy.... I got up this morning had a bath, did my physio and then went downstairs but about 1.45pm I came back upstairs to my room back to bed and then slept for the next hour... I hate being sick... Being sick is one thing but sick and in pain with burning is another... Low blow... Yuk! haha... The good thing with the flu a bug or a virus though is that it gets better... You wait it out and it sucks but in a few days (even hopefully tomorrow) I will start feeling better again!!
Mum just informed me shes feeling sick, achy and head-achy too --- so I'm praying shes not getting sick too ... Though the close contact that we have with her helping me with the stairs and getting up and down off couch, it wouldn't surprise me... We are generally pretty careful --- so far Ive managed to stay well aside from the CRPS ... I'm normally prone to getting bugs because of my low neutrophil count (white blood cells) ... ohh well ... its all good ... Moving on! lol
I love, love, love being back in my bedroom.... and after 2 months of not being allowed in here I appreciate it sooooo much more!! Yesterday a package arrived for me!! It was a quilt from an American company called Snuggle Bunny Quilt Project (check it out -- http://www.snugglebunnyquilts.com/Home.html)... Here is a little bit of info about what they do...
"We’re a non-profit organization that provides handmade quilts to children in crisis. Through a network of volunteers, Snuggle Bunny creates and distributes throw size, crib size and twin size quilts to children in need. Snuggle Bunny Quilts wrap the recipient in warmth and love during a difficult and sometimes scary time in a child’s life due to illness or loss. Our hope is that we can somehow make that time a little less traumatic. We welcome requests for quilts for children and their families. Please note that Snuggle Bunny Quilts has no paid employees and quilts are only available as long as we have the volunteers and donations needed to keep making them. We will make every effort to fill every request. Please consider making a donation of time or materials so that we can continue this wonderful charity work!"
It soooo cool because I had requested a quilt for 2 children here on caringbridge that are really sick but are such incredible children and then next thing one arrives specifically for me!! I was totally blown away and love it to bits... it soooooo me too! It has hearts on the front and butterflies on the back and is just beautiful... I feel truly honoured and privileged! Its gorgeous! Once I get some photos I will post a couple on here...
I also got the DVD from my specialist which was filmed in surgery while I was having a high dose Ketamine Infusion and it shows me from not being able to move at all with a foot the size of a football to being able to run my legs in the air and give 2 handed hugs... Its truly an amazing DVD... Pretty full on but amazing to see afterwards and an amazing keepsake for the future... Its being used in the medical profession to show the dramatic effects of ketamine and what it can do... Very cool!!
Well, I might try and get another rest and update again later...
Hope you are having a good day... Love Kylee xxx
Here are some quotes I love and believe in, in every sense, I try to hold them as core convictions and read them often to encourage and inspire myself... I hope they bless you too...
"The finest gift you can give someone is encouragement. Yet, almost no one gets the encouragement they need to grow to their full potential. If everyone received the encouragement they needed to grow, the genius in most everyone would blossom..."
"When life gives you a hundred reasons to frown show it you have a thousand reasons to smile!"
“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.”
"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise”
"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment