So once again daughter is sprawled out on the bed while I have to sit in a hard chair doing an update. It feels like a total repeat of last week lol. We are in hamilton - again, have had a huge day - again, I'm tired - again and have a headache - again! I've got to try andwork at putting two sentences together that even look like making sense - again!!!! Do you feel sorry for me lol - but you see there are lots of good repeats too - we went shopping - again. We have had an awesome dinner with no cooking - again and we can be happy that another thing has been crossed off our list - again! Ha ha ha, its all good.
Today really started at 10am for us and didn't finish until 5pm and in between it was a crazy time. We saw a O.T. to start with then moved into seeing a psycholigist for an assessment followed directly by a Dr's occupation assessment appointment. Apart from 10 mins to grab some lunch sitting in the car our appointments were back to back with only travelling in between. It was really hard going and if I found it tiring then you can imagine how hard it was for Kylee. Everything we heard seemed to reinforce that it is all about managing the condition, not curing the condition. Stink,not what a 22 year old girl wants to hear, nor what a 50 year old Mother wants to hear either lol. So what do we do with it?
As I sit at the computer contemplating it all, I realise that in all honesty it doesn't matter about the things that we hear or are spoken over us, it is all about how we accept them and the process in which we filter them. As Christians it is so good to be able to turn it over to God and rest in Him. When we filter it all through Him we realise that He is really the one who is in control and in Him we can rely on. We don't have to know what the future will hold, only that He holds it for us. He will give us the strength to walk whatever path we find ourselves on. Not only that but we can be confident in the fact that whatever the situation may be if we give it over to God then He can bring good out of it. I have seen this very thing in Kylee's life concerning anorexia and I look forward in seeing how God will use this journey with Kylee for good in the future!
Anyway its time for me to sprawl myself out on the other bed in the room. I am going to spend the next 10-15 minutes debating on what meal I should choose to have delivered for me. It is such a luxury that I really don't want to rush it! No cooking and no dishes - I tell you this really works for me!!!
Today really started at 10am for us and didn't finish until 5pm and in between it was a crazy time. We saw a O.T. to start with then moved into seeing a psycholigist for an assessment followed directly by a Dr's occupation assessment appointment. Apart from 10 mins to grab some lunch sitting in the car our appointments were back to back with only travelling in between. It was really hard going and if I found it tiring then you can imagine how hard it was for Kylee. Everything we heard seemed to reinforce that it is all about managing the condition, not curing the condition. Stink,not what a 22 year old girl wants to hear, nor what a 50 year old Mother wants to hear either lol. So what do we do with it?
As I sit at the computer contemplating it all, I realise that in all honesty it doesn't matter about the things that we hear or are spoken over us, it is all about how we accept them and the process in which we filter them. As Christians it is so good to be able to turn it over to God and rest in Him. When we filter it all through Him we realise that He is really the one who is in control and in Him we can rely on. We don't have to know what the future will hold, only that He holds it for us. He will give us the strength to walk whatever path we find ourselves on. Not only that but we can be confident in the fact that whatever the situation may be if we give it over to God then He can bring good out of it. I have seen this very thing in Kylee's life concerning anorexia and I look forward in seeing how God will use this journey with Kylee for good in the future!
Anyway its time for me to sprawl myself out on the other bed in the room. I am going to spend the next 10-15 minutes debating on what meal I should choose to have delivered for me. It is such a luxury that I really don't want to rush it! No cooking and no dishes - I tell you this really works for me!!!
Blessings to you all and tomorrow Kylee will be back in the driving seat.
DIANNE
No comments:
Post a Comment