*************** 2nd update of the day ***************
Today has been a very busy day already... and its only 2pm!
This morning after I got up and ready just as Mum was getting me down the stairs there was a knock at the door...
... Phew!... Just in time... It was my physio...
Whoops, I forgot to change times!! Luckily the Psychiatrist wasn't here till 10.40am... See he was going to be here between 10am to 10.30am, hehe... But Sarah (physio) and I got a good session in!! Straight into the next appointment!!
To tell you the truth... it went extremely well!! Very much so!! He told me he was blown away with my strength, courage and attitude!! That's great coming from him!! Because of my complicated history, the complicated nature of CRPS and standard procedures for ACC I had to see him... Well he came to our house -- saved up another overnight trip to Hamilton!! I got on really well with him and he was very pleasant to talk to...
His outcome was there were no signs of severe depression or other issues that he needs to be concerned over!! Sooo good!! Was great news!! I was honest with him... I had to go over my history (again for the umpteenth time) haha... I explained to him that I had my rough patches... Gosh, Id be lying if I said I never struggled or had my hard times... No one could go through such difficult circumstances, without struggling on some level with it.... So its all good... He thought I had my head on well and that I had a deeper self awareness than many others do...
Ok, enough of that!! haha
My Occupational Therapist came soon after he left with all my equipment for upstairs! Yeha! I now have my bed raisers which improve many things, such as I can get out of bed easily, I can get into bed eaiser, and I can see out the window now too! Bonus! I have my bath step, and this thing that goes in your bed which means that you can easily sit up in bed and a bar that helps me to get out... I dont plan on having all the equipment forever but for the moment it helps soo much and will make life easier -- Give me more freedom and independance! What its all about huh?? :)
This afternoon I plan on trying to do a bit of study and reading if my eyes permit me and muck round with work on my computer... Yay!! Its the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a fantastic evening!! Love Kylee xxx
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment