HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Happy Mothers Day to all you amazing mothers out there... We Love you very much and I know I gor sure would not be here today without my Mum...
I thought I would tell you why I think my Mum is such a hero and one of my best friends...
For two years my Mum fought to keep me alive when I was fighting against a hard battle with Anorexia... She couldnt of helped me fight it better if she tried! She would sit with me for two and three hours each night while I cried my eyes out struggling to eat my 'meal' from panic attacks and the extreme fear of food I had, while also sitting with Dad while he was sick with migraines and head injury related things...
For six moths she would drive me two hours each way to an Eating Disorder clinic and sit in the car (up to four of five hours) while I was in my appointments... She would also come into many of my appointments to help me try and communicate what was going on... Believe it or not I used to really struggle with communication.. lol... She would sit in my dietician appointments and supported me through 13 and a half months in a residential facility in Australia called Mercy Ministries (a different country to where we live, there was nothing in NZ that could help me) while I fought my way out of the battle and succeeded... I woulf have never got through it without her and I wouldnt be where I am today. She would ring me every weekend when she was allowed contact with me, and brought me home for weekends 4 times to keep me going as I missed home and my country terribly...
Fast forward to now... Mum cares for me every day... She helps me get in and out of bed and gets up with me in the night if she has to... She handles and deals with all my medications and carries me up and down the stairs to get into our home, Mum serves all my food, dresses and showers me, helps me into my walker and holds me up when I can not hold myself up. I couldnt do this before and I couldnt do it now without her help!
Mum cares for my Dad and works a part time job, as well as balancing after school activities and helping my two teenage brothers! To me my Mum is a hero!! Shes as much a hero as many others are for fighting diseases...
Sometimes I think its harder being the caregiver or parent watching your child or husband walk through sickness and disease... Mums walked through broken bones and brain tumours, Anorexia and Glandular Fever, Epilepsy, lost jobs and disappointments, shes walked us all through other medical issues and many, many appointments with my Dad...
Mum is a nurse, reasearcher, caregiver, taxi driver, counsellor, chef, accountant, lawyer, policeman, moderator, gardener, phycologist, peacemaker, cleaner, motivator, and much more... I think if you want to specialise in many different careers and have variety each day... Become a Mother.... Lol...
There are soo many Mothers out there who walk through soo much... I just wish we could do more to honour all our amazing Mums.. I know some people dont have that or have a Mother who has passed on but I think you can also put in that spot a Mother figure... Or someone who really means alot to you!!
I pray you have all had an lovely day... I have been praying for each of you that stumble across or follow my site... Your support, love, messages and notes mean soo much to me! Thankyou.... Deeply... Love Kylee xxx
Mother...
If I could give my mom the world
Or anything she wanted,
I'd give her my own heart and soul
And leave my own heart haunted.
I'd take upon myself her life
With all its strife and pain,
And let her ease into some space
Where she could live again.
Happy Mothers Day to all you amazing mothers out there... We Love you very much and I know I gor sure would not be here today without my Mum...
I thought I would tell you why I think my Mum is such a hero and one of my best friends...
For two years my Mum fought to keep me alive when I was fighting against a hard battle with Anorexia... She couldnt of helped me fight it better if she tried! She would sit with me for two and three hours each night while I cried my eyes out struggling to eat my 'meal' from panic attacks and the extreme fear of food I had, while also sitting with Dad while he was sick with migraines and head injury related things...
For six moths she would drive me two hours each way to an Eating Disorder clinic and sit in the car (up to four of five hours) while I was in my appointments... She would also come into many of my appointments to help me try and communicate what was going on... Believe it or not I used to really struggle with communication.. lol... She would sit in my dietician appointments and supported me through 13 and a half months in a residential facility in Australia called Mercy Ministries (a different country to where we live, there was nothing in NZ that could help me) while I fought my way out of the battle and succeeded... I woulf have never got through it without her and I wouldnt be where I am today. She would ring me every weekend when she was allowed contact with me, and brought me home for weekends 4 times to keep me going as I missed home and my country terribly...
Fast forward to now... Mum cares for me every day... She helps me get in and out of bed and gets up with me in the night if she has to... She handles and deals with all my medications and carries me up and down the stairs to get into our home, Mum serves all my food, dresses and showers me, helps me into my walker and holds me up when I can not hold myself up. I couldnt do this before and I couldnt do it now without her help!
Mum cares for my Dad and works a part time job, as well as balancing after school activities and helping my two teenage brothers! To me my Mum is a hero!! Shes as much a hero as many others are for fighting diseases...
Sometimes I think its harder being the caregiver or parent watching your child or husband walk through sickness and disease... Mums walked through broken bones and brain tumours, Anorexia and Glandular Fever, Epilepsy, lost jobs and disappointments, shes walked us all through other medical issues and many, many appointments with my Dad...
Mum is a nurse, reasearcher, caregiver, taxi driver, counsellor, chef, accountant, lawyer, policeman, moderator, gardener, phycologist, peacemaker, cleaner, motivator, and much more... I think if you want to specialise in many different careers and have variety each day... Become a Mother.... Lol...
There are soo many Mothers out there who walk through soo much... I just wish we could do more to honour all our amazing Mums.. I know some people dont have that or have a Mother who has passed on but I think you can also put in that spot a Mother figure... Or someone who really means alot to you!!
I pray you have all had an lovely day... I have been praying for each of you that stumble across or follow my site... Your support, love, messages and notes mean soo much to me! Thankyou.... Deeply... Love Kylee xxx
Mother...
If I could give my mom the world
Or anything she wanted,
I'd give her my own heart and soul
And leave my own heart haunted.
I'd take upon myself her life
With all its strife and pain,
And let her ease into some space
Where she could live again.
The pain for me would not be pain,
At least not for a while;
For I'd be doing it for her,
And I would see her smile.
At least not for a while;
For I'd be doing it for her,
And I would see her smile.
I wish that I could take her heart
And cleanse it with my tears,
And make her sorrow go away,
And answer all her fears.
And cleanse it with my tears,
And make her sorrow go away,
And answer all her fears.
I wish, I wish, but then I can't,
As I watch helplessly,
And take her in my arms and say
I wish that it were me.
As I watch helplessly,
And take her in my arms and say
I wish that it were me.
But loving is a hard, hard way,
With all the pain it brings.
And yet there is no other way
To touch the heart of things.
A Mother's Love
A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . . A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.
Helen Steiner Rice
With all the pain it brings.
And yet there is no other way
To touch the heart of things.
A Mother's Love
A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . . A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.
Helen Steiner Rice
No comments:
Post a Comment