Hey Guys...
There have been many little miracle today... I look forward to writing about over the next few days... I jumped on thinking ok, I will write a quick update but I dont know if it will happen or not, haha!
I have my surgery all booked... I have my consult on Monday in Hamilton and will then have the surgery the following Thursday (28th) at 10:15am ... Im looking forward to getting it over snd done with ... The really cool thing is that the anethetist that will be doing my surgery is the head of the pain clinic there, of which my specialist is trying to get me admitted... God works in awesome ways!!
My team has called an meeting for me on Monday to discuss my situation/case and sort out where to from here -- its a positive thing and I look forward to hearing the outcomes! Stephan has also booked another ketamine treatment for me on Friday (all going well) but I think this one will come through...
The last week has been really pushing myself to the next level mentally and keeping on top of the pain, not letting the increased levels frighten me or stop me... I was so notinterested in getting out of bed this morning but I have a very stroppy Mother who would not take no for an answer - you think shes all sweet and inncent - ha - I tell you -- she can sure get fired up! Lol. She even told me she would kick my sore leg if I didnt get out - Go figure that! haha... But yeah... Her and Dad got me up the stairs and back to have a soak in the bath... Mum was touching and lightly massaging my sore limbs and chest, which was not without tears but I got her back by dreanching her with water... Could you blame me?? It was too much temptation! haha... A bit of fun is good gor the soul... I even got McDonalds for lunch afterwards... Bribery I tell you... I had to go lay on the couch for the afternoon... (Which causes more pain then bed but is better for the soul than bed) But it worked!
Mums been talking with Katrina (my pain psycologist) about helping me to be in control of the pain - not it in control of me...and trying to push myself to do things despite the pain... So tomorrow Mum plans to (gulp) take me into town (gulp)... But it will be really good to get out of the house and I understand where they are coming from but gosh... It takes every drop of courage... As Im sure you know or can imagine...
One of the things they have been talking about it getting the 'Wii fit' for a type of Mirror Therapy... Even though I cant do any of it I can watch it and it some how it stimulates my brain to think that its my limbs that are doing it... I dont know... It stimulates something in the brain which triggers nerve endings... Im not too good at explaining it but you can go tohttp://reflexpainmanagement.com/ that will give you a bit more info -- theres even a video - though Ive yet to watch it... So yeah back to point... We are going to have a look into one of those tomorrow and see what we can do... Anything to help aye? Have a guess which game I will be getting (hehe)... Shouldnt be too hard to guess (hehe)... Kick Boxing!! Yes! (dont panic -- its ok)... Like a man who falls off a horse and must get back on, so I will do Kick Boxing again in due time... The other thing I want to get back into once Im well is my tap dancing and swimming and running.. Haha.. Back into life full stop! lol!
I have learnt Dads way of showing he cares is through food... (now who is complaining there...?)... So we have been getting lots of yummy treats being made lately... Choc Chip Bisuits and all sorts but my favourite thing is when I go into the websites and pick out cheap but yummy recipe ideas for different types of meals and things... I copy and paste the recipe into an email... well... a few different ones and then Dad prints them off...The other night we had corn chowder and tonight we had hme made Wong Tong Soup.... And it was yum -- though there was a lot of cabbage in it so we all have bloated tummies haha -- but it was good!! If any of you have different yummy recipes (sweets, snacks or meals)... Especially those of you overseas... I wouldreally love to try some different foods and favourite recipes of yours... My email address is to the right of this screen, so flick me an email... We would really love to hear from you!
Well of course I will write more tomorrow... Mum really appreciated her encourging comments... She says she doesnt like it... But sh is soo good... Mum and I check for new updates sooo often -- we get a real buzz out of seing new comments... Reminds us we are not walking this alone and of all the amazing people we have standing with us... Especially at the moment..
I will leave you with a poem that my beautiful friend sent to me... Its soo true, so real, and so very beautiful... Speaks directly to my heart! It reminds me that God has delivered me from Anorexia already so he can deliver me from this too -- Ill let you read it and you'll understand... But Im sure we all have a place in which we can relate... Love Kylee xxx
"You've come to a place where you've been before
A place that is hard with no open door
A place that appears to have no way out
A place that has caused you to lose your shout.
But remember my child, you've been here before
I delivered you then and I'll do it once more.
I know what you need and it's on it's way
So lift up your hands and begin to say,
"My God is in control and I will not fret
The enemy is a liar and it's not over yet.
The breakthrough that I need is coming my way"Gosh... That was no short update... haha.. xxx
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment