What a beautiful day is it? I hope today in some way you can see its beauty!! In some way, shape or form! Its there... Even when its hard - stop and look for it - even one thing!
Today Im paying the price of going out yesterday... haha...
Its how it goes! Ive lost my appetite the last week again... I cant eat a lot in one meal... I normally 'snack', eat small amounts as I can.. Part of it is nausea and the other part is the cramping, sharp and burning pain that follows my digestive system every time I eat... Sometimes it worse than others... Today is one of the worse days... But laying down I dont have soo much body pain as i have earlier this week but getting moving burning pain and full body bone pain... its ok though... We are having a very qiuet day today.... Small steps forward!!
Im getting a bit nervous about the meeting tomorrow evening regarding my treatment plans but I know I'll find out in due time! I also am looking forward to my apointment in Hamilton tomorrow and meeting my friend for lunch which wil be fun! Its 2 hours there and 2 hours back so a long day but it will be worth it -- I'm excited about getting my teeth done -- they wont be sore each time I eat and get food stuck in the places where my teeth have cracked or crumbled --- and the best part is they can do it all in one go and I wont even know about it!! lol... See there are positives to every situation!!
Last night I managed to catch up on my lack of sleep from the last week... I fell to sleep about midnight, was up at 2am then back to sleep about 2.45am then awake again at 5am then back asleep... got Mum out of bed at about 6am to go to the bathroom.. Normally im up and awake then but I went back to sleep at 7am and slept till 10am... I was shocked when I learnt the time! It was sooo cool! I was stoked but still feel incredibly tired.... I gotta train my bladder to wait until after 7am in the morning at least so I dont have to wake up Mum but my bladder refuses to co-operate... Much like it refuses to co=operate with my bodies desire to sleep full night, but I know many people experience that! Im certainly not alone on that one and feel blessed to sleep what I do!! Infact I consider myself blessed in a sense regarding the severity of this disease full stop as I realise how much worse it could be and is for many others!!
Im sitting (laying) in my lounge watching my sister play my Wiii Fit --- shes soooooo good at it! I cant wait to be able to play it like she is and do all the different sports... Mum thinks there is one game on there I may be able to play with my right hand which I still have the use of despite the pain... So if I try really hard I might give that one a go which would be really awesome! Fingers crossed!! I have no use of my left hand so possibly might have to get Lauren to help me!! At the moment we have the new Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana CD on -- the one for her new movie -- I like it -- Lauren does the "Hoe Down, Throw Down" dance / song really well.. its really cute -- she learnt the dance of the clip on youtube.... My favourite song is her new one "Climb" -- Its really good -- and soo true -- haha -- Its a different music style to her "teeny boppy" normal Hannah Montana Style... lolz... Lauren is a HUGE Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers fan -- like major time! Its soooooo cute!!
Well I'll sign off now as my hand is givng out on me... But not without a little encouraging Story... I love hearing from you so let me know how your going too or what your up to! It keeps me connected! I love it! Love much, Kylee xxx
Special Olympics
A few years ago at the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash. At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win.
All, that is, except one boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back. They all turned around and went back. Every one of them.
One girl with Down's Syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, "This will make it better."
All nine linked arms and walked across the finish line together.
Everyone in the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for several minutes. People who were there are still telling the story. Why? Because deep down we know this one thing:
What matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves.
What truly matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course.
A few years ago at the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash. At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win.
All, that is, except one boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back. They all turned around and went back. Every one of them.
One girl with Down's Syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, "This will make it better."
All nine linked arms and walked across the finish line together.
Everyone in the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for several minutes. People who were there are still telling the story. Why? Because deep down we know this one thing:
What matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves.
What truly matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course.
No comments:
Post a Comment