I had a really rough night last night --- but ohh it was soo funny at one part... Ive got this cute story to share with you... So ok, due to CRPS my left leg has seized up into a bent position - not because I wasnt trying to use it but just because I woke up one morning and it was stuck.. lol... I know its not that funny... But its better to laugh than cry in my opionion... Well last night ALL I wanted to do was sleep on my tummy... I sleep with bed cradles on so as to keep the blanets off my body as they hurt me and increase the burning sensation... and I havent slept on my stmoach in a long time... So a determined Kylee made her way onto her stomach (had to try) only to crack up laughing when I got there.... My right leg was flat against the bed but my left leg was still sticking up into the air... Of course it hurt alot and I had to roll back over but I just keep cracking up that my leg was just there sticking up in the air but under the blankets protected under the cradle.... hahaha....
Well today Lauren had to go to Napier with Mum to get her braces changed and tightened up... So Mum came into my room about 7am and asked if Id like to go along... I love any chance to get out of the house and I used to love road trips - Id do them as often as I could! I love my Nana soooooooooooo much... She is an amazing Woman, full of love, stories, memories, and she is one of the most amazing prayer warriors I know! My Uncle Kevin also lives down there and looks after her a lot and they live in Hastings... Well he offered to bring her through and we could all have lunch together... That was my big motivator... I really wanted to see them again! My Uncle has lots of wisdom too! So even though I wasnt real well I decided that mental health ruled in favour today and so Mum got me up and in the shower and helped me get done before we left at 8am... I have to tell you... It was the best day pain aside I have had in a long time... I had my special medication I could use to help me get through and Mum rugged me up in my wheelchair once we were there to stop the cold getting to my sore limbs... We had a lovely day!! We even managed to do a little bit of shopping... Lauren pushed me in my chair... When it was clear she would go really fast... I loved the feeling of fresh air running over my face and blowing my hair back... beng out in fresh air for the first time in ages... Gosh, it felt good!
Of course Im in alot of pain tonight... My whole body is on fire and I have a lot of bone pain... We were home by 4.30pm and Ive been in bed ever since... But thats ok... Pain aside, Im happy... I had a lovely, lovely day!
I had a lot of beautiful comments from yesterdays post so thankyou soo much!! In response to those comments I wanted to post something I found the other day on raising children which I thought you guys might like... Love Kylee xxx
GUESS WHAT???? 2 DAYS TILL NEXT ROUND OF KETAMINE!!
The Price of Children...
This is just too good not to pass on to all. Something absolutely positive for a change. I have repeatedly seen the breakdown of the cost of raising a child, but this is the first time I have seen the rewards listed this way. It's nice, The government recently calculated the cost of raising a child from birth to 18 and came up with $160,140 for a middle income family. Talk about sticker shock! That doesn't even touch college tuition. But $160,140 isn't so bad if you break it down. It translates into:
·$8,896.66 a year,· $741.3 month, or * $171.08 a week.·That's a mere $24.24 a day!·Just over a dollar an hour.
Still, you might think the best financial advice is don't have children if you want to be "rich." Actually, it is just the opposite.
What do you get for your $160,140?
- Naming rights. First, middle, and last!
- Glimpses of God every day.
- Giggles under the covers every night.
- More love than your heart can hold.
- Butterfly kisses and Velcro hugs.
- Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds, and warm cookies.
- A hand to hold, usually covered with jelly or chocolate.
- A partner for blowing bubbles, flying kites
- Someone to laugh yourself silly with, no matter what the boss said or how your stocks performed that day.
For $160,140, you never have to grow up. You get to:
- finger-paint,
- carve pumpkins,
- play hide-and-seek,
- catch lightning bugs, and
- never stop believing in Santa Claus. You have an excuse to:
- keep reading the Adventures of Piglet and Pooh,
- watching Saturday morning cartoons,
- going to Disney movies, and
- wishing on stars.
- You get to frame rainbows, hearts, and flowers under refrigerator magnets and collect spray painted noodle wreaths for Christmas, hand prints set in clay for Mother's Day, and cards with backward letters for Father's Day.
For $160,140, there is no greater bang for your buck. You get to be a hero just for:
- retrieving a Frisbee off the garage roof,
- taking the training wheels off a bike,
- removing a splinter,
- filling a wading pool,
- coaxing a wad of gum out of bangs, and coaching a baseball team that never wins but always gets treated to ice cream regardless.
You get a front row seat to history to witness the:
·first step,·first word,·first bra,·first date, and·first time behind the wheel.
You get to be immortal. You get another branch added to your family tree, and if you're lucky, a long list of limbs in your obituary called grandchildren and great grandchildren. You get an education in psychology, nursing, criminal justice, communications, and human sexuality that no college can match.
In the eyes of a child, you rank right up there under God. You have all the power to heal a boo-boo, scare away the monsters under the bed, patch a broken heart, police a slumber party, ground them forever, and love them without limits.
So . . one day they will like you, love without counting the cost. That is quite a deal for the price!!!!!!!
Love & enjoy your children & grandchildren!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment