Today has been a productive day..
even though its been a rough day! God is good!
I have a tooth infection... Now because of CRPS and because its raining outside it wasnt possible for me to go out today -- But I needed antibiotics - badly - especially since its Friday and I couldnt wait till Monday to start a course of antibiotics... I was ringing round dentists with no answer - finally I got hold of someone - only to find out it was illegal to prescribe the medication I needed without seeing them personally... I was devastated... caught in a catch 22... I couldnt get hold of my Doctor either... Finally he got back to me and after hearing the situation wrote out a prescription while I was on the phone (Doctors are allowed to do that)... I had been praying so hard and God came through.. I was stoked!!
The other awesome thing today is another wee story... See my teeth are a real mess but because of where things are at I can not have my teeth done like normal -- To have my teeth done I will need oral surgery... Well I have been ringing all over the place but no one would touch me with a barge pole... No one would tell me who could do it or refer me to someone else. I found out they do surgery for your teeth at the hospital - only to find out they do children only - no exceptions... Well, after explaining (my rather desperate situation, lol) a lady finally gave me the number of a oral surgeon... I rang them but they couldnt do it as they dont do root canals or fillings but gave me the name of another oral surgeon... But he too wouldnt do it but then he gave me the number of someone who could help me and guess what???? HE WILL HELP ME!! Praise God!!!! So I will have the initial consult on Monday the 18th of May and then surgery is tentively booked for Thursday 28th May in Hamilton - which is 2 hours away from where I live... I cant believe we have to travel so far but it will be worth it!!
I will have a day admission to their hospital and then all going well 4 or so hours after surgery is over I should be free to go home... Im not sure whether they will fix my teeth and do a bunch of root canals or of they will just pull them out and put in a plate... as I have 4 crumbled teeth and at least 4 or 5 large fillings to be done... and yes, I do look after my teeth very well but thanks to low enamel on my teeth and consequences of Anorexia my teeth are shot... I tell you though.. If they choose to take a bunch of my teeth out NO ONE will see me or be welcome to visit until I have the plates in, hahaha.... Im serious! lol.
Im really blessed that someone will do it for me though and that they understand my situation! Im soo glad I finally tracked someone down!! 'its another exciting step forward - though I will with my CRPS need a good covering of prayer that their will be no complications or consequences of having my teeth done. Its one of those catch 22 things but I believe I am making the best choice -- well, its my only choice really.
I have also been catching up on my assignments for the completion of my certificate.. Its exciting!
I had my Occupational Therapist here today sorting out all my equipment again.. So we are moving my bed raisers, monkey bar, bed table and such downstairs which should make things a bit better... :) I saw an email that was going back and forth between my treatment team so I know they are sorting things out and working out a plan of attack... I saw my speacialist said that mine is the worst case he has seen in his career... And he specialises in my disease so that was intresting to see... A reality check of where things really are at... I guess being in the middle of it you dont really think about it... You just do the best you can with the circumstances that are dealt to you... Not always fun but I do try to do my best within the circumstances and restrictions of which I am made to live...
God is good though-- Soverign -- Amazing!
The situation I am in is not good - I acknowledge that -- but I also acknowledge the miracles taking place around me -- you could throw them off as just being life and luck - but I choose to see the beauty in it - as Gods little reminder to me that he is walking this through with me! Im not alone and that with Him I can get through this... Its all about where you place your focus... Of course that takes effort some days but I am always quick to refocus myself if I see myself going down the wriing track...
I have a really beautiful story to share with you again...
Gave me the shivers... lol..
Love Kylee xxx
THE POWER OF A LETTER Most of you know John Wayne as an actor. You may not know what happened to him before he died. This is that story! Robert Schuller's teenage daughter, Cindy, was in a motorcycle accident and had to have her leg amputated. John Wayne is a big fan of Robert Schuller. He heard Dr. Schuller say on one of his programs that his daughter had been in an accident and
had to have her leg amputated.John Wayne wrote a note to her saying: Dear Cindy, Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you will be all right. Signed, John Wayne The note was delivered to her and she decided she wanted to write John Wayne a note in reply. She wrote: Dear Mr. Wayne, I got your note.Thanks for writing to me. I like you very much. I am going to be all right because Jesus is going to help me. Mr. Wayne, do you know Jesus? I sure hope you know Jesus, Mr. Wayne, because I cannot imagine Heaven being complete without John Wayne being there. I hope, if you don't know Jesus, that you will give your heart to Jesus right now. See you in Heaven. And she signed her name. She had just put that letter in an envelope, sealed it, and written across the front of it "John Wayne" when a visitor came into her room to see her. He said to her: What are you doing? She said: I just wrote a letter to John Wayne, but I don't know how to get it to him. He said: That's funny, I am going to have dinner with John Wayne tonight at the Newport Club down at Newport Beach. Give it to me and I will give it to him. She gave him the letter and he put it in his coat pocket. There were twelve of them that night sitting around the table for dinner. They were laughing and cutting up and the guy happened to reach in his pocket and felt that letter and remembered. John Wayne was seated at the end of the table and the guy took the letter out and said: Hey, Duke, I was in Schuller's daughter's room today and she wrote you a letter and wanted me to give it to you. Here it is.They passed it down to John Wayne and he opened it. They kept on laughing and cutting up and someone happened to look down at John Wayne. He was crying. One of them said: Hey, Duke, what is the matter? He said (and can't you hear him saying
it), " I want to read you this letter." He read the letter. Then he began to weep. He folded it, put it in his pocket, and he pointed to the man who delivered it to him and said: "You go tell that little girl that right now, in this restaurant, right here, John Wayne gives his heart to Jesus Christ and I will see her in
heaven." Three weeks later John Wayne died. You never know how your witness to another will effect their eternity!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment