Saturday, May 16, 2009

I am really really really tired... Im sore but I dont care cause I have had a good day! I hauled Mum out of bed at 7:45 am cause I desperatly had to go to the toilet and then started the day watching a DVD with my sister, Lauren, who is the one in my profile photo with me (the photo is a few years old)...

Well I went into town and it went really well... We went and got the Wii fit... Mum and I spilt half and then we used the money someone left on our bench to go towards my treatment for the rest of it... So it was very blessed!! This I know it really going to help me with my rehab and Im quite excited! Ive been watching my sister play all afternoon -- not all of the games are full on - some involve only small movements so I cant wait to get those controllers in my hand... At the moment I cant even pick up a full drink bottle or cup most the time... So bring it on -- Im determined to be able to hold them in my hands.... 

Lauren pushed me in the chair down to my favourite and Mum and Dad drove as its too much effort to get me out of the chair - into the car - and into in again... I enjoyed being out in the fresh air thou too --- Ohhh at the Warehouse we got thess shawls that can go over my shoulders and arms to protect them but light enough to not hurt them... Awesome! 

Ok, back to the cafe... I got a big welcome when I went in... The staff all came up to give me a hug and say hi.. Its been the cafe Ive been going to for ages and before when Mum would take me in but I couldnt sit -- so a lot of history -- I even broke out and tried something different... haha... It was nice being out... Just before we went to leave it started pouring in rain... Dad brought the car up close to the cafe doors --- Its the quickest chair to car transfer I think we have EVER done hahaaha....

This afternoon has been really relaxed... Watching another movie, Lauren on the Wii fit, Mum snoozing on the corner couch (she told me I wasnt allowed to tell you if she may or may not have been snoring, haha) and Dad had an afternoon sleep to (his standard one).... 

Today hasnt been as bad pain wise as some of the days Ive had this week... Ive been lucky to have been given a lower pain day --- All those prayers are working!! 

I found this beautiful story that I will post below... I know I relate to it cause I know I have to keep pushing through and reclaiming as much of my life as I can, when I can... Its true - every obstacle presents an opportunity for improvement and moving forward...  Love Kylee xxx


The Obstacle...
The Obstacle in Our Path In ancient times, a king had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the king for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the big stone out of the way. Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. On approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded. As the peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note from the king indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The peasant learned what many others never understand. Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve one's condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment