Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday May 28 2009

Hello from Mum - again lol.  This morning started out earlier than I thought it would.  Now for all the mothers out there, how often do we get a sleep in? I can't remember how long ago it was so part of the benefits of being away was the fact that i didn't have to get up early!  8am my mobile phone goes - it was my husband!  When I answered in a rather groggy state he replied with "I thought you would be up by now - you always get up early!"  What part of sleep in doesn't he understand lol so my day started!  Mind you I did stay in bed and watch the early morning show on TV - so much rubbish I obviously haven't been missing much!

Anyway it is now 5.30pm its already dark and we are back in our motel unit feeling very snug.  Kylee had one extraction and all the other work done on her teeth.  Not only that but she also had a ketamine hit of 800 mls which was a huge bonus!  The people who were caring for kylee were amazing.  All were veryintriguedwith the whole CRPS/ketamine treatment, teeth were definitely not an issue lol.  On leaving the recovery room with Kylee I even received a hug and a kiss from one of the nurses lol it really blows me away when i look at the love and compassion of strangers that surrounds Kylee and myself.  

While Kylee was under and getting all the bits done on her teeth, I went shopping!  It seems so long ago that I had some time to myself lol and i actually found it quite strange - I didn't take long to get used to it lol and enjoyed just looking around with no real time constraints on me.  While i sat there having some very yummy sushi I started to look around the people who were around me.  I was very aware that if they were looking at me they would never know about the things that were happening in my life, just as I had no idea of what they were going through.  It made me send some smiles out because i know how lovely it is to receive them myself - even from strangers!  I got some back too lol

Anyway Kylee is again laying on the bed tonight, and is trying very hard to sort her head out lol she is very groggy and very tired but is happy that today is behind her.  I still have the added bonus of ringing and ordering in dinner - no cooking, no cleaning up afterwards he he even in the midst of adversity life is good!

Tomorrow night Kylee will be back on line and will fill you in on all the info that I haven't thought about.  Blessings to you all!

DIANNE    

No comments:

Post a Comment