Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday May 25 2009

There might be a second update later today as I have the meetings with ACC and my Pain Psychologist about the plans and the outcomes of the meetings that they had last week -- but that's only if I have things to talk on of course, haha... Who really knows what will happen?? 

I had an awesome night last night! It was a lot of fun and a real success -- I even had minimal pain levels so that I could enjoy the night and not jump over the little bumps and knocks to the couch like I would as it would trigger a pain increase! God is good... It was a pot luck dinner and so one of my friends served me some... I can tell you now -- I ate quite a few lollies hahaha... But all in good fun! We watched our friends 48 hour film festival movie he made and it had us all in hysterics!! Then we played Cranium (sp?) the black edition and it was a lot of fun -- Most the night was spent laughing ---- A huge change for everything that's going on in my life right now --- I enjoyed feeling semi normal and appreciated more than they know... that they brought it to my house was awesome! (Even though I know some of them will be reading this update, lol) They pre -warned some of the guys who don't know me or my situation why I would be laying on the couch with a blanket over me and not getting up --- and it took all the pressure away --- No one cared --- Even though I couldnt fully participate in the gameI didnt feel singled out or like the odd one out at all... 

I have another cool story too -- and its all about looking at Gods little miracles... So we are staying up in Hamilton on Wednesday and Thursday, like you already know... But here's the cool thing -- well, cool to us anyways... So we rang up to book the hotel and we were getting the standard room... I let them know I had a disability and was wheelchair bound out of my personal home, so were the rooms suitable to wheelchairs? and guess what? They have disability rooms with bigger doors, bigger rooms and more space in the bathroom... They even have a special shower with rails and everything... We have a wheelchair park reserved to us - no change in the normal price - and we get a continental buffet breakfast each morning (free)... But its cool cause we can ask for a tray on our way in and the get whatever we want from the buffet and take it back to our room which is on the main level... So I can get breakfast to havelater after I come out of surgery -- just like some yogurt and stuff.... We also get room service! I'm quite excited because its going to be a lot easier than we had planned on! I can just see Gods hand in it all as he goes before us...  So even though I'm really having to rely on him for some pretty big things I know as I continue to trust him - even to the last minute of the last hour that he will come through for us, and I know he honours us when we are faithful so I'm continuing to trust and believe! 

I have had less pain since coming out of the ketamine in some respects... The first 2 days we thought we hadn't got a good result this time but on day 3 it was much easier to have the soft blanket on the couch touch my legs... Not in bed -- I still have the cradles, but one step at a time... And this is certainly a positive step... in the right direction too!! God is good! We have leveled out but that's OK... I'm still having a lot of trouble with my tummy but I'm waiting for the new medication I have started to take effect and will address what we need to tomorrow at the Doctor before we head off to Hamilton! 

Still hanging in there, taking it one day at a time and trying not to look too far forward, though I do have a few goals Im looking at attaining... I appreciate your support, I could not do this journey without the love, support, thoughts and prayers from you!! You guys rock! Love always, Kylee xxx 

I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom. ~Author Unknown
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.  ~Oscar Wilde

Something that has always puzzled me all my life is why, when I am in special need of help, the good deed is usually done by somebody on whom I have no claim.  ~William Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment