Saturday, April 11, 2009

As I sit here to start yet another of Kylee's updates I have to wonder what it is about this little box that I am meant to type into that sends my mind blank! Everytime! So as my mind slowly wakes up and the coffee I'm having starts to give me a much needed  shot of caffeine I will tell you about whats in front of me.  Our office/bedroom has windows right in front of the desk and if I look around the very old computer screen my eyes are drawn to Lake Taupo.  Its a grey colour today reflecting the clouds that are hanging around.  In the background we have a couple of volcanoes which have had a first dusting of snow!  Its beautiful and tranquil.  The lake is so still and already a few boats are out looking for that 'big catch' trout! The funny thing about lake taupo and which can often challenge those out in their boats, is the quick way it can go from being very calm and still to having huge swells  which on the edge of the lake can break like waves at the beach.  I have experienced this and was so very grateful at the time that the guy who took us out knew exactly what he was doing and was experienced with Lake Taupo waters.  His father had taken him our fishing from young and he had learnt to use the boats in all conditions.  Isn't that a bit like life.  Everything is smooth and easily sailing one minute and then suddenly life cuts up rough without any warning.  Just like with my friend with his boat I think each time the rough waters come our way we get that much more experienced in handling turbulent life issues. I have had a few challenges to walk through and each one came when things seemed to be going smooth and they also started so simply.  When kylee hobbled up to my bedroom last November in pain but laughing we didn't for one minute think that a storm was on the horizon!  So she hurt her leg kickboxing, mothers compassion said take a panadol, have a hot bath and it will be better in the morning! It wasn't, neither that morning or any morning for the next 5 months!  he he big storm but one thing in my favour I had already walked through challenges before I knew what to do!  I had experience! This experience taught me to push into God!  To lean not on my own understanding but to trust him as he skippers me through the storm!  Yesterday saw Kylee have many times of the quiet still waters [alot of them because of the drugs she is still on] with a few rough spots thrown in.   She was moving, all washed, bed changed [the nurses could do this now] make-up on compliments of Mum and ready to show each and every person who came through the door that she could move.  The amount of two handed hugs she gave out was amazing and I took many for myself just because i could.  Catheta was out so the first time of standing arrived. I guess you can understand and feel the disappointment that flooded through Kylee when her leg again very quickly changed colour and started to hurt and be sensitive.  "Its OK hon, don't panic, and don't feel let down remember the Dr said not to feel bad if this happened - our God is still in control" Praise the Lord after she got back into bed things settled down again, she hadn't lost ground.  The next time she got up she managed 3 steps!  Her leg didn't get as purple as before - hope was there again!  Halfway through the afternoon while talking with a visitor Kylee experienced the most violent tummy cramps ever - does CRPS stop the bowels working too - I don't know, they hadn't worked for over 10 days and they were letting her know.  Half an hour later with nurses having done everything they could and kylee looking exhausted Kylee was again smiling and getting ready for another visitor.  With everything she has gone through over the last few months especially the last week, with the huge amount of medications she has been on and still is, Kylee should be a blubbering mess and yet here she is dealing with it all in a way that has people asking why and how and my little girl [she will hate me for that ha ha ha] tells them about her God!  She text me this morning to say she had slept pretty much all night - a miracle in itselfs lol and that her leg was sore but she still had the windows open and the sheet laying across it. Tomorrow she has her second 'hit' of ketamine - another storm to pass through but already the preparation is in place.  Prayer, her worship tapes and reading all of your wonderful comments are putting her in a good place to pass through without hallucinations!  While I have been typing this Kylee has been texting me "Why you taking so long Mum - it doesn't take me that long to write my stuff" He he what a daughter!  Blessing to you all, you kind and wonderful people what you are doing helps! x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment