Heres another update... I have also shown a picture of my specialist Dr. Stephan Neff, who is helping me... I didnt think I would update again so quickly and for those of you who havent seen the last post I only updated 2 hours ago... so catch up on that if you would like...
My uncle is here and told me I had to mention him in my blog so I will as he has come to stay for the night and I have just let him know that I have a site so he will be checking it tomorrow! hehe So hello Uncle Kevin! haha...
Now for the message that I logged back on to update you all with... My specialist, Stephan Neff just rang Mum to fill in on what his plans were and where things are at so here it is... Passed on to all of you!
So this next round of treatment, as I was already aware will not be done in the hospital... It will be done in his clinics... But his clinic wasnt set up to the standard that he wanted them to be (he does everything to a very hugh standard!) so he has now found a new building in which he wants to do the treatments in one room and his pain clinics in the other... He has hired a special pain nurse who is also highly trained in the use of Ketamine who will sit with us the entire time during these doses of Ketamine.. He is also looking into some things like Dr. Kilpatrick I think it is, runs lower boosters more frequently and is wondering if this may be the way to go... Hes just seeing.. What we do know is that I will need another booster at least.
So things have been delayed a week so he can get everything up to scratch and going. He has all the meds that he needs to incase anything ever happened so everything is well prepared and he has just brought some ultra comfy, plush lazyboy chairs (Sweet! Ketamine in style and comfort!! hehe) in which we can be in to have treatment and treatments will go for 4 hours plus a 1 hour recovery time. This is a good thing... and although Im dissappointed that I will have to wait another full week as my pain is getting worse and my the stiffness is increasing (I can no longer make a fist with my left hand) I know that in a weeks time I will hopefully get another booster and lower pain levels again... So I can hold out (I have to, anyways, so might as well make my own choice to be ok about this, lol)
God is good and I know he has a plan in everything and I know this will work out well... Plus if I wait a week, instead of a hard bed I will get a nice soft plush lazyboy to have treatment in!! YEAH!
He is really going into bat for us and fighting hard for our treatment and the best possible help, and funding! He is trying to get funding for our treatment and get what we call ACC (Accident Compensation) to come to par and help pay too, as it is really expensive... But he is also doing his best to bring the costs down as low as possible for us so it makes it possible to have all the treatments that we need to, however many that may be!
I am blown away by the amazing people I have around me and the people that want to help me... Its a horrendous disease but the way God goes before us in it all, its just incredible!
Please pray with me that the CRPS/RSD does not get any/much more worse (or spread) over the week while I wait for my next treatment and that everything goes smoothly until that!
Then the treatments in the clinics which will be at a lower dose than what I have been having will work at the lower doses as we can not do the huge doses that I was having in theatre out of theatre and its not possible to have treatment in theatre any more as far as Im aware!!
Also quick note to let you guys know that I have updated my photos from my time in the hospital and have also updated the resource tab... Under that tab you can learn more about my disease and treatments, also see videos of others who have had the treatments... So take a look if youd like to. Im trying to make this site really neat and easy to find more info! What do you think of my new profile photo? Thought a new photo could be fun for a change!
Thanks Everyone! xxx
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment