I promised another update today so here it is...
Yesterday being Mums 50th Birthday was really nice and relaxing.. We never ended up going out for lunch but instead had cheese on toast which is what Mum wanted at the time... Nice and easy... We did make a trip into the Warehouse about 3:30pm which was great and my first trip out!
For those of you who know our house you know there is a huge flight of stairs from the garage to the main floor and again another huge flight of stairs to my bedroom... At this stage I can not do stairs... AT ALL... What many of you dont know is that there is a back entrance round through the pool... So when I go out, this is the entrance I will use, with the help of my special walker called a gutter frame. Then from there there are 3 steps down to the drive at the corner so Mum picks me up at that corner and carries me still down the stairs and then into the car and then back up the stairs again when we return... Its ok.. Its only till I can do them myself... At the moment we are enjoying the freedom of me being able to walk with the help of the frame -- a far cry from even a week ago! I still need help to stand up into it and again to be seated but one step at a time.. In town I have a wheelchair which I can use! Praise God I can sit now! Im living downstairs in the spare room at the moment on the main level... which is fine with me! It will only be for a few months! Im a pretty determined wee girl!
Dr. Stephan Neff tells me that we will do the half marathon together next year... How cool is that? Doing it with your specialist!? Hes a pretty amazing guy... Well, I told Him hes my Miracle Worker... (through God) Hes the ONLY one in NZ that could do the treatment on me! We are a team and we will get through this! With the help to of the other on my team to a total of about 6 trained people. Ive already been to one confrence with him (In my bed, hooked up to machines too!) and I got another one Im going to on the first of May, to speak about how pain affects my life and what it means to be in huge pain stuck in bed!
There is this site I thought a few of you might be intrested in.. Its a pain scale and rates different levels of pain.. Youd be intrested to learn CRPS rates higher than birth pain, cancer pain and even an amputation!! Hard out aye? Id agree with it though.. Its http://www.rsdhope.org/ShowPage.asp?page_id=116
When I got to hospital they only had to breathe on my arm or jolt the bed to quickly to send me through the roof... hehe... When I first got to the ward no nurse wanted to touch me as when I got there the ordely who took me up was like "Whatever you do -- Do Not touch her left side AT ALL... I learnt the hard way... Poor Girl..." But not ANYMORE!! Praise God! I can even give 2 handed hugs!
On that note though... I do have some dissappointing news... I have been doing really well pain wise and movement wise when I got out of hospital... Sure after the 2nd hit of Ketamine it lasted only 3 days... Well... This time it seems its lasted 5 days and wearing off day by day... Though not to the same degree... Im not back at the beginning, Im not a square 1... But my pain is returning... Especially upon movement and on standing up... Im having 'hundreds and hundreds of bees stinging my leg all at the same time" and its starting to burn and its gone deep deep purple, firery red with many more splotches and swollen again (though not the football it was)... I was angry the first time it returned... Thats why I didnt do so well in the 3rd Ketamine hit as I was in a bad place emotionally the hallucinations were that much more horrific.. Infact they had to sedate me I was freaking out, under complete Ketamine, that much... But I know and am learning I just got to trust God in all of this... thats my word TRUST... The other is HOPE... Because I got to keep hoping each treatment will keep me in remission longer and longer... Its true, you can not cure this disease... there is no majic pill I can take to make the pain go away... A friend asked me today after I told her the pain was coming back... "Have your pain killers kicked in yet?" The reailty is... the pain killers will never kick in -- thats the type of nerve pain that it is! Thats why they call it the worst type of pain there is! My pain levels are no way near the 15/10 that they were... They are not even 10/10 but I was at 2/10 and im back up round 5 and 6/10 which also isnt pleasent pain... infact even that has me really not wanting to get up and move around... But I know I have to... You have to push through the pain, and I have to learn to push through the pain... But Im ok with that... Its as the saying goes, 'What dont kill ya, only make ya stronger!' its true ya know! Im ok... Im trusting God, I know he is in control and I know everything will be ok! I have more treatments on Wednesday and Thursday so Im sure I will come back bright as a button once the Ketamine is out of my system! I got a youth night to go to on Friday which I havent been to for ages!! SO, BRING IT ON! This girl will not be defeated and this girl is not going to live her life on her back --- Im going to fight back on this disease no matter what or how long it takes!! And I will keep on kepping on, keep trusting God, Praisnig Him, Giving Him the glory and know that Gods gives us the grace we need to get through every day, but only grace for today, for tomorrows grace will come tomorrow... And he never ever short changes us! AMEN!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment