Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Its a beautiful morning here in Taupo NZ and the sun is shining, lake sparkling and my household is in different stages of getting moving. I thought that i would have my eldest daughter back with me this morning and would be enjoying a coffee and a chat with her. Unfortunately she had to spend another night in Hospital. Nothing serious just the medical staff doing what they needed to do! When John [her dad] and myself arrived at the hospital yesterday we were greeted by a daughter who was showered [first time in months] dressed, packed and ready to go. She gets herself off to the toilet, sits in a chair and is gaining more independence. Yay! We waited for 6 hours to be then told that Kylee was going nowhere - wait for this - she had to poop first! This she hadn't done for about 2 weeks lol. How God must have cracked up when my prayer came before Him "Please God help her poop!" Apparently all is well this morning following huge doses of all sorts of poop moving medications and we should be allowed to bring her home today. Its funny though how God goes before us. Yesterday as the morning turned into afternoon I watched as Kylee got more and more tired and very white. She fell asleep talking to us and slept for 4 hours. I think she will be in a much better place to make the trip home today. Prayer has always played a huge role in my life and God gets it all, whatever is before me I'm guessing He already knows about it so why shouldn't I talk about it with Him. When John and I were first married [as in the first month or so] we had a beautiful kitten, [maybe 6 months old] the cutest little button out. Well one night this little girl got set to by a very large tom cat who had his wicked way with her and left her in a pretty sorry state. As John and I were cleaning her up I prayed over her. John went into fits of laughter and told me "noboby prays to God for a cat" - "well I do, so too bad".We have now been married almost 27 years and John has come to realise the strength in ALLprayer. As kids have brought their wounded animals in over the years I have ended up praying for lambs, rabbits, birds [that one really didn't work as the baby birds they found got 'cooked' in my hot water cupboard as we tried to keep them warm overnight]. I have also seen how the kids expect answers from prayers. We graduated from animals to even having my boys ask me to pray into situations that their friends were going through. They look at Mums prayers as not so much 'praying' but her chatting to God about whatever. I get a few rolled eyes, but they still like me to pray for them.The best gift that I can give my children is to show them how to pray, and how to go to God with everything. Kylee has developed in herself a prayerful spirit. Thats her strength! What I find interesting is that Kylee comes from a line of praying mothers! My great nana, nana and mother have all been women of prayer. I know that Kylee will pass this legacy onto her children as well. Anyway enough of my ramblings, may God's blessings be with you and may you have an awesome day. Much love DIANNE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment