Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh, boy! Was I spoilt today! 
Just after lunch there was a knock at the door - though we werent expecting visitors... I was laying on the couch in the lounge and in walks Mum with this huge package going "Kylee, who is... Um... El... El.. Elsa? and Um... Naomi...??" Well all of a sudden I let out a little scream going "Oh, my Goodness Mum... I got a package from the girls in Australia.. Ive talked bout them before! I didnt even know about it! WOW! Open it up for me Mum, quick, open it up!" I was soooo excited!! Super excited... Mum got out the scissors with a huge smile and opened it up and layed it on my lap so I could then pull out its contents! Well... I got a CD, an amazing book made by my friend Eloise, with scriptures written all through it, and with little encouragements. I also got another book that was really close to her heart! Then I pulled out a gift bag that Naomi and Elsa had made up-- filled with all these lollies in it with tags on each one -- all thought out carefully --- like Jaffa lollies with the tag saying "Red Blood Cells to help you feel better" and, Teeth lollies 'Incase yours fall out', long red thin lollies that said "new arteries to help you get better quicker", feet lollies ' for when your too tired to walk', heart lollies 'so you know how much your loved'! All sorts of different ones -- must of been at least 15 different little packets! I love going thru and reading all the little notes they make me laugh so much!! Then I was like "WOW, Mum theres a big one in here can you help me pull it out and open it up??" And what came out was the most amazing what I thought was a photo album with the footprints poem in a window of the front (my favourite poem!).... Until of course I opened it up... And what did I discover? An ENTIRE scrapbook all filled! All filled with letters from my friends encouraging me, blessing me, sharing little things with me and my beautiful friend Elsa had made it for me and organised everything!! Its just the most incredible thing, with scriptures ALL through it and photos of my friends who were involved with it and, gosh, even talking about it now Im still Gobsmaked.... 

I facebooked my friends to say a HUGE ThankYou! many times and I got back a very Gobsmacked Elsa,  that what she did ment so much to me and how gobsmacked I was in turn she was gobsmaked and blessed by how blessed I was and felt... I still cant even get out the words more than ThankYou cause ThankYou seems so insignificant! I think the fact soo much thought went into it from both of them and all the work and hours, thats what blew me away -- that someone would go to that much trouble to me -- to bless and encourage me! I think that its my most prized possession now haha... really! 

There is a real God part to this story though that Im still trying to come to terms with....They sent the package on Sunday... Today is Wednesday... thats 3 DAYS!!! THAT NUTS! No package has ever got from one country to another to a small town to my doorstep... The earliest I have EVER got even a letter from Australia was two and a half weeks but sometimes it could take up to a month!! And the package arrives here -- on the day I proberly need it most -- in 3 days -- ONLY God can be involved in that one! They tell you when you post it the earliest that they can do is 7 - 14 days! and thats the fast type post!  YOU KNOW WHAT?? GOD CAME THRU -- IN A HUGE AND MASSIVE WAY! HOW GOOD IS OUR GOD???????? I mean come on... It blows me off my feet.... 
Im awed by God every day in one way or another but today has gone beyond awed... Is there such a thing??

On another note I made my 2nd trip into town today in my wheelchair -- we went for a short trip to the supermarket ... butit was still a great trip for me! My sister pushed me round, hehe... Oh, it was such a laugh.. Mum carried me down the stairs as it was pretty cold outside and Ive been pretty sore and achy today, Well, we just couldnt get it right this time.. We kept getting into fits of laughter.. But it was the way back that was funnier!! I dunno... I kept saying funny things that just cracked Mum up... I cant even remember what I said, But we got to the bottom stair and she was ready to lift me up the first stair and we just lost it... I was laughing so hard I couldnt keep myself in and upright position and Mum was laughing so hard she couldnt either so I went slowly down and down even more till I was sitting on the bottom stairs with Mums arms still round my waist... Gosh it was funny... Neither of us really remembers what we were laughing about but it was sooo good to have a bit of fun and laughter and for no reason at all --- We havent had that since I got sick -- You know, Where you stomach laugh for no reason... and God blessed me with no huge pain levels when I got home onto the sofa either!! I was very tired but didnt have higer pain then I had done before... 

Ohh, its so funny (if you look for the funny side, I am!) My foot and my hand are deep purple, and swollen with these creamy patches that will move and form in front of your eyes, its really weird but Im used to it now.. Mum was like, "Kylee, do you like the colour purple or something?" and I responded with, "Well Mum, its a prettier colour then my white foot isnt it?? Its just not an accepted colour..." haha... it was again funny... 

Today has been a good day despite the pain and I saw a Sky (cable) movie called 'Jumper', gosh its good! I really enjoyed it! 

Im hoping to get back into some of my study that I was doing before I got sick and finish that before its too late, my Certificate in Food and Nutrition! I also want to do some shopping within the next few days if Im well enough -- get some winter clothes -- its starting to get pretty cold! 

Im still amazed at the comments, words of encouragement and such with people telling me I have touched them and/or given them courage... I guess we never really know how many people we touch in our lives aye? And how the way we walk our journey can influence others... It continues to humble me... If I can encourage others by the way I am walking this journey or by something I have said than it makes the entire process worth it! There is this quote I once found that I strive to live my life by:

"The finest gift you can give someone is encouragement. Yet, almost no one gets the encouragement they need to grow to their full potential. If everyone recieved the encouragement they needed to grow, the genius in most everyone would blossom..."I truely believe the above with all my heart, every grain, every cell and every part of my body!! Can you imagine it? A world where everyone built one another up? No abuse! No violence! No bullying! No cutting people down! Those "No's", include alot of things! Sure there would be injury and illness, but how amazing that if when that happened everyone rallied round that person and inspired and encouraged that person to keep going and so forth, like all of you are doing for me with this! The world would be a different place! There would be no eating disorders, no self harm, no low self esteme and minimal suicide.. Why? Because there would be no reason for anyone to feel horrid about themselves because they would have never been taught that is a part of things.. Kids would grow up innocent alot longer then they get to today --- it would be a different world -- it wouldnt be perfect but itd make a huge difference... 

So I figure, and this is my thoughts... That I can do my best to follow that and try to purposefully encourage and build up those around me and then at least Im affecting one person -- even if its only for a minute.. But I know Im not the only one... there are millions of encouragers worldwide -- thats what is so exciting! I'm just determined to do my part and more! That quote is one never far from me! 

Well, I think I will leave it there for today!
I love you all dearly and am praying for you all...
Please pray for those who also have CaringBridge sites.. Some of their stories, Boy, they are going through hard times and they are in need of some hardcore prayers like I am so would appreciate if you added them to your prayers too!! xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment