Monday, April 13, 2009
Ha ha ha the date was noticed! I have no idea how that come about. Kylee said well just go in and change it Mum and I'm like ???????? Oh well this should be my last entry as all being well I bring Kylee back home with me today!!! Yesterday started very early and finished late. It was a very full on day. Kylee received another massive 'hit' of Ketamine. She did well throughout the procedure but took alot longer to come back to being Kylee. [I mite like to add that Mum received a screwed up ear and a long fingernail shoved into her eye!] 4 hours after finishing her treatment and she was still slurring some words, falling asleep while talking and oh my wasshe grumpy! [I can hear her giving my stick with that comment lol] A couple of her close friends sent her a text and received a very interestingtext back lol but when your head in so confused I guess its perfectly understandable. She was rather scared about the probability of coming back home today. Before i left I managed to get her into a wheelchair and take her for a spin. 1st time sitting in over 5 months! This cheered her up big time and took away some of the fears. Its been a very weird sort of week and in lots of ways cemented in my head how serious this all has been. I am so relieved that Kylee is set to have a life back again. The fact that we were put onto this Specialist so close to home and in such a quick time was amazing. He is pretty much the only one who does this in NZ and has spent 15 years of study round the world with CRPS playinga huge role. This alone does my head in lol he fought so hard for Kylee, gave us his only time off in ages and was such a gentle giant with her. Her pain psychologist came up many times to visit and came in on her time off to be there for us! Amazing! But as I sit here this morning contemplating it all, I find that I'm also feeling a sense of sadness. What amazingly was made available to us is something that is not available to some of you who are reading this and who have suffered with the same sort of pain for so much longer. I have read the excitement, the hope that comes from your messages towards Kylee and I don't think you will ever know how vital they were to Kylee in keeping her head together through all of this. I also heard the pain coming through too and I guess that is what is filling me with mixed emotions. I never once asked why us when Kylee first took sick, that sort of thing just doesn't enter my head, stuff happens so get on with it lol and yet now I find myself asking "why us" the team of people who were standing with us while we went through it all leaves me feeling very humble. I want to let you know that I have an awareness now, you are in my prayers! Is this the end of CRPS affecting Kylee, everything in me sure hopes so, the reality probably says no and itwill be more about how long it lasts until she needs a boost! I don't believe that in saying this that I am expressing a lack of faith or that I am not being positive lol this is the reality, I have to deal with it, but I also have a very big God who is walking this through with us and he can do anything! I try and live my life taking one step at a time believing and expecting that as long as I put my trust in Him, He will direct and guide my path. You all have been very encouraging to me as I have waded through an equally challenging task of keeping this journal active! Thanks for everything and many many blessings are being sent you way DIANNE x x x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment