Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lets change the subject from pain today -- cause I always have it and we already know that and its set in in my tummy and other leg and so forth... Blah Blah... Thats old info! And boring!

Today I have had an INCREDIBLE DAY! Thanks to one of my beautiful friends, Amie. I went into town at lunch time.. Mum dropped me off and set me up, and got me going. Then Amie and I went to the sweets shop and got the most amazing fudge -- and lots of other sweets too... Then we went to a cafe for lunch and I had a pumpkin and feta salad -- YUM!! It was really nice being in town... Cold but sunny! We looked at a few shops and saw some old friends and people I know and then we decided to go get gelato down by the lake... (All this in my wheelchair of course)... Oh my gosh... I got THE BIGGEST Itillian Gelato Ice Cream... Technically it was only ment to be one scoop but my gosh --- it was one HUGGGGGE scoop... It was more like 2 and a half scoops, lol... But soooo good! Tonight Im am home and I am going to watch a new dance DVD with Lauren, my sister.

Im refusing to let the pain affect me tonight -- harder said than done but I dont regret anything at all... I knew what I was getting myself in for but sometimes you need to put life and having fun in front of being stuck at home because of pain and sickness occassionally for a change sometimes... 

A part of me fears that if things continue the way they are going with my health that the ability to be able to go out occassionally - even for a short time will not be an option again... I want to keep pushing myself every now and again when I can to get out and have some fun with my good friends in town! I have no shame about being in the wheelchair with blankets over me... Its just the way it rolls right now... When I go out Im just stoked to be out... Beaming from ear to ear haha... Well pretty close to that anyways... I got some small presents for a few people too which I was excited to finally be able to buy!! :D

Ohh, I found another awesome quote! (Ok.. I collect them and have about 4 pages of quotes I have collected). 
I thought this one might speak to some of you... 


"It takes two wings for an eagle to fly. If an eagle were to try to fly with just one wing he would only spin around in circles on the ground. The same is true with many people who are trying to soar spiritually on their faith, but have not added patience. These just keep going around in circles, getting more and more frustrated and kicking up a lot of dust. Any truth that we teach without this counter balancing truth will lead us to frustration, not fulfilment."
To me it speaks into my situation right now about the importance of being patient and waiting on Gods timing in this all, walking slowly but surely through this journey... I think there are different levels of which we fly -- I believe we all fly in one way or another but that there are different levels and that it is through our trials and how we deal with them that we grow to new levels... Its hard to push into new levels and takes patience, perserverence, determination, faith, grace and hope. But we can do it - Especially when we trust in God and wait on His timing! I hope that makes sense!

Here is one more:
"Beloved, whatever you are waiting for or believing for, God will not be late. The Lord is the the Healer. He is just. He is the dreamer of dreams and He answers prayers. Be ssured that He will bring that prodigal home..... Don't give up hope and one day you will see the resurrection you have been waiting for, come your way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment