Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Ok so this is Kylee's computer challenged Mum. Kylee gave me the job of keeping her friends updated. After 30 minutes trying to get in [I mite add because kylee gave me the wrong instructions] I have arrived! She tells me I have to do a good job lol so the pressure is on! She tells me I have to write more than a paragraph - I told her I thought a couple of sentences would do - its nice to see that in spite of her pain she can still try and throw something at me lol, so where do I start. Monday morning I guess. As Kylee was writing her last update I was busy trying to get everything ready for the hour long trip across to the hospital. Bad news arrives at 7.55am - all the beds are gone! We do have a choice tho, stay at home or we can head over and wait and see if one becomes available. Its unanimous we're going! Next problem there are two flights of stairs and a long trip between us and the hospital! Now many years ago I had readin the guineas book of records that a guy over a period of years had eaten a car! Why, one would have to wonder but he did it, one small bite at a time. It stuck with me that we can do alot more than we think if we just break it down into bite sized pieces. As I sit here now I am amazed at how well the stairs, car trip and arrival went. Yet when I read her guestbook entries I'm not surprised at all - the prayers from all you guys are amazing. Kylee was carried on the wings of angels. It still was a very painful trip and I think cars behind me would have wondered if I was sober as I tried to miss pot holes or bumps in the road but we did it! Praise God on arrival a bed had her name on it and she could have it in two hours which she spent in Accident & Emergency. Its been rough for her. She has been prodded, poked, looked at, felt, squeezed, injected, you name it. She was believing that ketamine would give her instant relief and she would be up sitting and trying to walk very soon after she started it. Unrealistic - maybe, but it is her positive attitude that keeps her going. Instead she got chronic nausea, fatigue, blurred vision with the pain levels coming down only slightly. She was given another catheter as her bladder wouldn't let her pee. She hurts! She is on a continuous line of Ketamine so every few hours the dose is increased. She feels major yuck following each increase. Yesterday afternoon I sat reading her favourite Psalms to her which gave her much peace. She had thought ahead and had her I-pod with her so that at night she could sleep with her worship tapes playing - no hallucinations for her! Her Specialist came in late last night, he confirmed again that she has whole side agressive CRPS and even told her that it had moved up into the left side of her face. He is determined that Kylee will not leave until there has been dramatic changes for the better. Friday night he is planning an intense 4 hour treatment in theatre. Physio can start as the pain decreases. This is a guy on a mission lol and has taken Kylee into his heart. Today he is getting her taken up in her bed drips and all, while he talks to the nursing staff about pain and the handling of it from a practical point of view. Apparently he lectures quite often so was excited to have a case study to present to them! I was talking with Kylee this morning and she said her pain levels had come back to 3-4 out of ten. Yay this is great improvement. She is scheduled for more increases in Ketamine again today so we keep on believing. But what or who are we believing in. Doctors, Ketamine, hospitals, our own ability at positive thinking? We know that all these add to Kylee's hope and healing and yet as i look at Kylee I see that her hope and confidence is fully grounded in the relationship she has with her Father God. She knows the love He has for her and she knows that He is faithful and just. She believes He has her best interests at heart and that ultimately He is in control of her life and that includes every nerve in her body. She is content to say "Where-ever you go Lord I will follow. Whatever situation I find myself in I will try and glorify Your Name". She has her Bible on her tray so that people will know she is a christian. As a Mum we don't want to see any of our children suffer pain. Its hurts! we ask "why"? I am reminded of the poem about the weaver. Our life is a tapestry and we can only see it from the underside. Once we stand with our Lord we then see the beautiful picture he has created with our life! Kylee is already a pretty awesome picture even from this side so how beautiful her life picture will be when we see it from heaven. Anyway, I'm hoping for nice comments about my first attempt at this - its taken me 40 minutes! God Bless and talk to you later, I promised in a weak moment that i would try and update this each day - oh dear lol the things we do for our kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment