Hello from my room in the study... Guess What?? IM HOME!
Praise God!! Didnt Mum do the most incredible job with my journal... Shes not left... She will update every now and again! God is good! Wow, What a whirlwind 2 weeks.... One Im really not too keen on repeating any time soon! The hospital staff were just incredible and so were the theatre nurses... Infact they stayed with me through the hoffific hallucinations and I held onto them for dear life... Im keeping in contact with them! I do remember in pieces many of the hallucinations but there have been many many funny stories that I have learnt! I had 5 days on a Ketamine moderate dose infusion which did nothing really at all so they took me to theatre, Easter Friday.... I went up to incredibly high doses... In that they say from a girl who couldnt move at all within the first hour I was peddling my legs and didnt stop the entire 3 hours... and I held onto my specialists arm, Dr. Stephan Neff, for dear life.... I got a bit fixated on someone shaving my leg (who wouldnt when you werent able to shave for 3 months and now someone could!?) so one of my nurses did... They called Mum to come over from Taupo ASAP and down to theatre half way through as they thought this might help me... The first treatment worked somewhat.... I could hug people and move my legs but still not sit or stand, so Easter Monday I went in for another treatment, this time they took it up even higer... This did much more good and although my foot was still red I was sitting, standing and taking some steps... It was great! They were ready to discharge me when they then found I had developed complications... 3 days later when I was once again ready to be discharged the CRPS came back in full force and once again I was rendered pretty much paralysed and no one could touch me... I had to have a bed cradle put on again which I wasnt happy about so another Ketamine treatment was ordered again... This one didnt go so well as I went in rather slacked off as I didnt want to be there, so I had massive, horrific hallucinations... Which in turn ment they could only get me to to a lesser dose of Ketamine... It was funny though... They said when they took the bed cradle of I started singing 'HALALUJAH' hahaha... They all laughed.... Well staight after that Ketamine treatment Stephan Neff said he wanted me at home... 13 days in hospital for a young girl was too long and they had got the pain under control somehwhat but to go home and see how things went.. So I came home late Friday night after dealing with an afternoon full of a few more complications, but we are HOME! That is the main thing! I have 2 more treatments in Rotorua next week... So we will stay over again and see how things go... But im walking slowly, sitting, showering, wearing pants, all things I havent done in 6 months! GOD IS GOOD! If I never had to have a treatment again I WOULDNT! Id be quite happy to leave it all behind me! Sadly CRPS doesnt work like that... I will have to have many more treatments! But its the outlook and goal we look at isnt it?? Tody is Mums 50th Birthday and so her only wish was to have me home which we achieved! There is also another something special Im giving her... For the forst time in 4 or 5 months I am going into town with her for lunch... This will be my first trip into town in a long time! How can we not Praise God, Thank God, and GO WOW!! Friends are over today and they went into town for me and made Mum a special fruit platter with youghurt and a coffee and took it up to her room... Breakfast in BED! and Joespeh, her sun got her yellow roses! Yeloow flowers are her fabourite!! Today is a GOOD day! A VERY GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Love to you all. I cant even begin to say how much all your comments mean! Every day Mum printed them off, brought them up to the hospital and read them out loud to me, also reading me scriptures from the Bible... I cant tell you how much it encouraged me and kept me going... I have an amazing Mum... 14 days in a row she travelled an hour there and back to the hospital (2hours a day) and sat with me... IM A VERY BLESSED GIRL! This journal is not over! It will keep being updated each day.. all the successes... the god and bad and all in between.... and you may jus hear a few more of the funny stories! xxxxx
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment