Ohh, Man.. Today has been a roller coaster of a day...
The meds they have put me on to get me through til Monday screw my whole system up so it been quite hard in that respect... On the other hand they have done what they were ment to do and have brought my pain levels back down temporarily which is good though my foot still looks like a rugby ball, hahaha!
Actually I have quite a cool little story! My friend is in Mozambique at the moment, shes a missionary and shes looking after 20 orphan girls... Well she got them to pray for me a few nights ago and last night the all came to her and asked if they could pray for me and they "prayed their little hearts away", I felt so blessed when she told me this -- and last night I woke up in the middle of the night and woke with NO PAIN -- it was incredible -- I honestly believe it was from all the prayers I am recieving from literally all over the world --- It fully blows my mind -- Its honestly showed me, the hearts of people - and of those Ive never even meet or spoke to... It just flaws and humbles me...
The messages on facebook, my email, in cards, or words people have spoken to me, messages Ive recieved in my guestbook, on my support site called PIP which stands for 'Partners in Pain' --- Ive meet some of the most incredible, supportive, loving, soft spirited people there!! My friends round me, and people I dont know... I actually cant get the words out that I would like to, to let people know how much it means to me! Thanyou... for the messages Ive recieved and still to come --- its just awesome! It really is!I guess we never really know the impact we can make on others or people...
The Ketamine is set to start Monday --- We still dont really have details as to times and how I will get there as I can no longer travel by car or anything... I guess we will have to see! As it is an emergency admission they have said it will be run slighty differently to how he would like to run it as he does not have the time to sit by my bedside for 5hours in the recovery ward to see how I handle high dose Ketamine so he will admit me into the ward to start on a low dose Ketamine and increase it as I tolerate it then at some stage during the week he will try and book out time to give me 4 hours of very high dose ketamine to help try and "hit the nail on the head" as he said... At this stage I will be in for 4 - 5 days depending on how things go and what happens with the pain. I have no idea if I will still have to to be on medication once I am finished or what I will be able to do once I come out... As everyone responds differently, I guess we play wait and see!
My pastors brother is a physio who works with CRPS/RSD in Australia, and infact he lectures over there about how to deal with CRPS/RSD patients... He said he sees very successful outcomes and cases with Ketamine treatment - so we will keep praying and with all the many prayers all over the world we shall wait and see and hope and expect positive outcomes!!
When I am well one of my friends suggested we have a party, boy I think that is a fantastic idea so whoever can come -- and make it! Please do! I promise you youll be invited!!
Today I had my occupational therapist come with more equipment! She brought me another thing called a 'bed cradle' and it keeps the blankets off your feet or legs or arms or body - whichever you needed it off from... And she also brought me 'bed raisers' they are like the blocks withbars between them which raie your bed up off the ground a bit more -- they are actuallt REALLY nice! They look like the are Macrocarpa wood and they are realy nice blocks which are shaped very nicely... and because my bed is now higher then the valance goes to where these blocks are and shows them -- it actually doesnt look too bad!! I can also now see outside, the lake, mountains and so forth if I pull myself up a bit with the bar over my bed! I also got another type of walker to try out which you use to put your weight on with your elbows, I cant remember what you call it though?? But I will try that out when I get home from the hospital!
Ohh, so I am taking a razor with me to the hospital, as soon as I can I am taking a razor to the hairs on my leg and theyll be gone! I haven t been able to shave that leg in quite a while! (I wont tell you how long exactly, youll be horrified, lolz...) Ohh and my left armpit hahaha!! You never realise all the lil inconviences until it happens, lol!
You know what? One day it would be my dream to travel, see sights, speak at different churchs, and meet so many other amazing beautiful people! I want to go and help in Mozambique with my friend and her husband to help look after all the orphans.... I want to get married and have kids... Thats my ultimate dream!!
I know God will come through for me in many ways -- so I wont have to live with and manage the CRPS,and other medical issues I deal with for the rest of my life! And the beginning of that starts Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment