Guess what??
You know, Im going to make you guess...
3 Tries.....OK?
1..... Nope Wrong!
2.....Geting slighty closer... Only Just!
3.....You dont know do you?? Alright then I'll tell ya....
(that was fun wasnt it?? hehe)
So today, Saturday the 25th of April - ANZAC DAY - this gurl FINALLY went into town and had lunch for the FIRST TIME since Feburary! Cool huh?? Ohh it was so much fun... Of course it had to be raining, but that was beside the point... Mum got me down and into the car (a mission in and of itself) and then we picked up my friend Jaimee... We found a carpark, then Mum and Dad got out and set my wheelchair up for me with this special gel cushion that is incredible and made it possible for me to sit for longer than 10mins.... Mum and Dad left for me and Jaimee to enjoy some time in town together..
Where we went, the cafe staff were soo accomadating of us and really friendly... It was cold outside and I still cant wear pants or socks so Mum and Dad had wrapped a couple of soft blankets round me and my legs from stopping me getting too much pain or cold... Jaimee and I must have sat in the cafe for about an hour just chatting (an all time record for me sitting!, but this cushion takes ALL the pressure off my legs and bum and spine... Its just majic I think!)
Well after lunch we went across the road to a department store called Farmers... I wanted to try and buy some warm pants (being optimistic I now realise) I figured if I could have a blanket on my legs I could have soft pants on... lol (wrong again)... But we found a few I really wanted to try on... and the most amazing pair of PJ's (sleepwear)... My friend took me into the changing room and with a few logistical difficulties helped me to try them on... Well, none of the pants worked but I feel in love with the pijamas so I got them! I was on cloud 9 I tell ya! And blessed with a friend who would dare to take on that challenge -- even Mum wasnt too keen, lol.
Next we went next door and got some DVDs out! Came home with my sister and her friend and watched DVDs all evening... None the less Im very sore and paying for it but it was worth it... I was beaming!! You have to do it sometimes, even if purely for sanitys sake! haha :P
Sadly I was a bit too optimistic at this stage about wearing PJ pants and long sleeve tops as when I had help to put them on and sat down it was like they were burning my skin... that has nothing to do with the pants though... its all about CRPS, it was a little bit of a dissapointment but I now have something to aim towards and look forward too! When I can wear them!! If not this winter then next... But Im still going to be optimistic and hope sooner then later.. Theyre the cutest little set!!
Its been a huge day -- Worth it in every way though - The next few days now till my treatments will be down low and quiet...
Ive loved watching the New Realease DVDS with everyone tonight! We saw "How to Loose Friends and Alinate People", "Twilight" (which I dont reccommend, lol), and " Travel to the centre of the earth" (In 3D)... Tomorrow we are watching "Travelling Pants of the Sisterhood 2"... lol.... Popcorn is my ultimate favourite so we popped a bag of that, and the girls had lollies and candyfloss and we all had fizzy... a great winter day! And ANZAC day at that!! Next year I hope to be well enough to go to the 6am parade and service!
Notes: For those unaware of what ANZAC day is I have put some info underneath... I was writing and explaining it, then the website summed it up better than me... Feel free to have a look at the website though as there is a lot more info!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZAC_Day
Anzac Day is a national public holiday in Australia and New Zealand, and is commemorated by both countries on 25 Aprilevery year to honour members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkeyduring World War I and also to commemorate the soldiers who fought in France and Belgium. Anzac Day is also observed in theCook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tonga.
On a final note, Thankyou to all those leaving notes on my guestbook, and facebook... They encourage me, inspire me, humble me and push me on to more determination to keep fighting harder... Love you all so dearly! The prayers are working too! Bless ya! xxx
On a final note, Thankyou to all those leaving notes on my guestbook, and facebook... They encourage me, inspire me, humble me and push me on to more determination to keep fighting harder... Love you all so dearly! The prayers are working too! Bless ya! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment